Mouse arrow moves by itself

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
davy_panis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Mouse arrow moves by itself

Post by davy_panis »

Just done the new update to 0.17.52. And at the start of the game, my mouse pointer began to move slowly out of sight to the top of the screen. if I moved the mouse pointer to where I wanted with the mouse, this will work. But immediately the mouse pointer moves slowly to the top of the screen.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ag9hab4ov7kr6 ... 2.mp4?dl=0
The link above is a very short video that I made of the problem.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Mouse arrow moves by itself

Post by posila »

See: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=72194&p=437334
boskid wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:48 pm
For me (working in electronics and programming) this sounds more like electrical interference. Something like: High CPU usage -> high power demand -> high ripple on power lines. This propagates by wire to mouse (from gpu and cpu i assume this is stationary pc) and by coincidence this ripple in power supply makes optical sensor in mouse to detect some spurious movement. This can be easily tested: run factorio, move coursor to lower left corner (as it is moving top-right) and just unplug mouse. Factorio should not be able to detect that mouse is disconnected, but if cursor stops moving, then issue is within mouse itself.

davy_panis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by davy_panis »

OK thanks.

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jon8RFC »

Such an interesting thought. Please post your results of the unplug test!

davy_panis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by davy_panis »

Unplugged my mouse, restarde my pc. And al was back to normal, had no further issues after that.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”