Unable to move between programs

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Virtier
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Unable to move between programs

Post by Virtier »

whenever im trying to google something, change music on youtube or just trying to open and move channels in discord, i have to save and close the game in order to do so. when trying to move between any other programs while the game is running is not possible since what ever im trying to do something with, immediately gets moved to the background. this wasnt an issue with previous versions. im using windows 10 at the moment, if that has anything to do with it.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Unable to move between programs

Post by TruePikachu »

I'm unable to reproduce on Windows 7 without desktop composition.

Have you tried putting whatever on a seperate desktop and switching to that instead?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

play in fullscreen windowed mode, not in real fullscreen.

i had this with some other games too, they just didn't want to leave from foreground, if i was alttabing, using fullscreen windowed always works.
in some games it's called borderless window (factorio doesn't have bordeless window mode tho)

glek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by glek »

Factorio does not have an actual fullscreen mode, so it uses "borderless fullscreen" when you turn the fullscreen option on.
Programming is a way of life!

Return to “1 / 0 magic”