Blueprint screen closes when research has been completed

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Desmo_One
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Blueprint screen closes when research has been completed

Post by Desmo_One »

I was just editing a blueprint when my research finished. In the settings I have disabled that the technology screen opens automatically after researching. So what happened? My blueprint screen was closed automatically and my changes were not saved.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Have a research running
2. Right click on a blueprint (opens the blueprint screen)
3. Wait until the research has finished
4. The blueprint screen automatically closes

Probably a minor thing but can be annoying and it feels not right.
The intended behavior should be that the blueprint screen stays open (especially with the setting that the technology screen should not open automatically after researching).

Thanks and keep up the good work. Awesome update 0.15 ;)

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Blueprint screen closes when research has been completed

Post by Oxyd »

Well, I've tried with a blueprint opened by right-clicking it on the toolbar, I've tried with a freshly-created blueprint before confirming it, and I've tried with a blueprint stored in the blueprint library – never did the blueprint window close for me when research finished. What am I missing here?

Desmo_One
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Desmo_One »

Thanks for checking! I have to admit, you are right. I also just tried to reproduce it. Did not happen for me again, too. So, either it has been already fixed or something else happened when the blueprint screen was closed for me. The only thing I can tell you is that I imported a blueprint from my library to the inventory, opened it by right-clicking. By holding right mouse button I removed belts and other stuff from my blueprint. Then I heart the research sound and the screen was gone.

Sorry for wasting your time. I will let you know if the problem occurs again.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Will move to magic then, if you find a way to reproduce later, let us know here or make a new report.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

I've also experienced a similar occurance, though I don't recall specifically if it was a blueprint UI that closed when research finished. I also don't recall what research it was. All I remember is that some piece of research completed, and the UI I was working in closed automatically.

Requesting move to either root-level or Pending, since I'm fairly sure this is an actual bug.

As a note, it might be worth testing against the toolbelt research; since it adds more slots, it might confuse the blueprint editor as to where the blueprint is in the inventory (especially if the blueprint is on the hotbar).

Return to “1 / 0 magic”