[0.15.5] Eco Unfriendly Does Not Activate

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Lezreth
Inserter
Inserter

[0.15.5] Eco Unfriendly Does Not Activate

Post by Lezreth »

The eco unfriendly achievement does not activate on researching oil processing.

Harkonnen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.15.5] Eco Unfriendly Does Not Activate

Post by Harkonnen »

What do you see in achievements tab (top-right button above minimap)? Could it be the case that achievement is not achievable due to console command used, peaceful mode or something else?

Lezreth
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lezreth »

I emptied my mod directory and started a new map using the new generator, and have not entered any console commands and peaceful mode is disabled. I have earned 10 of 38 achievements as of today.

My earned achievements are as follows:
Getting on track
It stinks and they don't like it
Automated construction
Automated cleanup
You've got a package
Watch your step
Mass production 1
Circuit veteran 1
Computer age 1
Iron throne 1

The "Eco unfriendly" achievement is the first one on the list that has not been earned yet. I have researched oil processing, advanced oil processing, and coal liquefaction.

Harkonnen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Harkonnen »

Still - what do you see on achievements tab for that thing - is it grey or red? and if it's red, what is the text? Sorry for asking such questions, it's just hard to replicate :)

Also - do you mean in-game achievements or how they appear on Steam? And do you use Steam or "plain" version of factorio?

Lezreth
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lezreth »

Eco unfriendly is grey.

The text is:
Eco unfriendly
Research oil processing.

The start tracking magnet button is present and clicking on it brings up the tracker window.

I am currently playing on the steam version. All of the information thus far has been for the in-game achievements, but I just checked the steam list to verify and it also has not been obtained. This is also the first time I have played the steam version without mods.

Harkonnen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Harkonnen »

Got it. Thanks for the info, will look closer into it. So far unable to replicate and not seeing places in code that could be unstable regarding research which means it is something super-ridiculous :) when I get to this I will PM you with special .exe to track it down if that thing is so reproducable in your situation.

Harkonnen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Harkonnen »

Lezreth
Thanks for spending time with my test :) though we didn't get repro, so it was in vain. I don't want you to try reproducing it 10 times in a row, and I already did thing like that myself - still no luck. So unless we get more reports on that, moving this to 0/1 magic - it's just very hard to track down without stable repro. It probably was side-effect of something else during getting that research like autosave got activated, labs got out of power (just guessing). Something else happened that broke it.

luziferius
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.15.5] [Harkonnen] Eco Unfriendly Does Not Activate

Post by luziferius »

I’m affected by this bug, too.
For me, it happened back in version 0.14.x, which did not unlock eco-unfriendly upon researching oil processing. I migrated my map to 0.15 and still did not get that achievement.
The achievements window looks like this: (Granted computer age 2 achievement shows that oil processing is researched, but is not granted.)
Screenshot
Note: I’m using the Linux version distributed over steam.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”