[0.13.6] Factorio hangs every 3 seconds

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Kirk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.13.6] Factorio hangs every 3 seconds

Post by Kirk »

Since 0.13.6 I've noticed that the application hangs for a fraction of a second once about every 3 seconds. I originally noticed it when I was walking around after loading a save, but it occurs everywhere, including in the menu, and even in Windows itself when I temporarily alt-tab out of Factorio. The issue remains when restarting Factorio. When Factorio is not running the issue does not occur. Processor statistics in the Task Manager are averages so I can't really tell, but it would seem Factorio draws 100% CPU power for a while every 3 seconds. I have attached a log although it doesn't seem to show anything of interest. The issue did not occur in 0.13.5 or earlier.
Log

Kirk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.13.6] Factorio hangs every 3 seconds

Post by Kirk »

I did some more testing, and it turns out than after a reboot the issue disappeared. So phew, but apologies for the bug report. It was the one thing I forgot to test. I hadn't expected it as I had just booted to begin with XD

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

If it happens again please upload a screenshot with time_used_percent and show_fps activated in the debug menu (F4 > F5) and post your hardware specs.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

This used to happen to me as well, and I solved the issue by lowering the "VRAM Usage" setting. It should be under Options > Graphics > Video Memory Usage or some such. Lowering it by one or two steps should alleviate the issue.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”