Crash - Win8 Security

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
wccrawford
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Crash - Win8 Security

Post by wccrawford »

After my other bug, I attempted to install an image program, and the win8 security dialog popped up. This caused Factorio to crash.
Win8 64-bit, nVidia GTX 550 Ti

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Crash - Win8 Security

Post by kovarex »

Could you be more specific please?

What kind of installation you used? (zip/exe/32/64 bit)
What is the error message exactly?

wccrawford
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wccrawford »

I installed from the 64-bit installer. The game launched fine, and other than the other bug I reported, it seemed to be working. The win8 security popup was not caused by Factorio, but it crashed at that time.

The error was the standard win8 application crash popup and did not give a specific error message.
Win8 64-bit, nVidia GTX 550 Ti

Kadaban
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kadaban »

I had that bug as well on Windows 7 64 bit. I was using the zip file version of 0.2.8.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Build up something pretty big until you're not at max FPS anymore - I've got a savegame that works but pretty much any advanced factory complex beyond 3-4 hours should be fine.
2. Leave Factorio running - don't pause it - preferrably right when an invasion starts and there's lots of action going on.
3. Start a program that requires UAC authentification.
4. Factorio most likely crashes once you've acknowledged the prompt.

Looks like the UAC popup somehow interfers with either the game ticks or the graphics output and crashes factorio.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”