[0.13.0] "Built By" shows e-mail address

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
YamiNoSho
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.13.0] "Built By" shows e-mail address

Post by YamiNoSho »

My username on factorio.com is "Username: YamiNoSho", ingame it's : yami-no-tsubasa i changed it, but in game the "Built by:" data use my email... it's a big problem, i can't do any let's play or screen on a machine without showing my email adress.
screen
obviously i censored the text, but it was my mail adress.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.0] "Built By" shows e-mail address

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

What does it say on the options screen for your factorio username?
for instance

YamiNoSho
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by YamiNoSho »

it's YamiNoSho, i tried to change it and place a new assembler machine, but it still display my email on it.
screen
but it got corrected when i started i new game after set my ingame name. (it was blank on the first map)

so the bug seems to be : we no username is set, it takes my email from... my factorio account I suppose, because steam use a different mail adress and they are linked.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Thanks, i will ask someone to look into it,
I havent heard any other reports, so for now i will move it to the exclusive magic forum

LarkinOmega
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LarkinOmega »

I am having this issue as well. It's tied to whatever name was in that field when the map was started. After changing the name in the options and starting a new map, it will be correct. But any map that was created beforehand will continue to list the email address.

It would be quite nice if that variable was checked on map loading, instead of on map creation.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”