[0.12.27] and [stable] Not registering left click

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
gerren
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.12.27] and [stable] Not registering left click

Post by gerren »

Hello,

I have a hard time to left-click anything (menu, placing items, opening chest, assembler). From what I observed I am not able to click right after I 1) move 2) close any menu 3) rotate item. This state takes a second or so to recover from. After that period I am able to click again but as soon as I do mentioned actions, no clicking is possible.

This makes the game *NOT ENJOYABLE*, but not breaking. I do not have the courage to try throw a poison capsule on a base just for the fear that it simply won't happen. Any turret creeping is right out of the game.

Can you please look into it?

I've tried current stable version and also the current experimental build and both behave the same.

I am running (relatively) fresh Windows 10. Previously on Windows 7 it did not happen.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.27] and [stable] Not registering left click

Post by kovarex »

That sounds very weird indeed.

Can you provide the log file?

gerren
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gerren »

Ahoj, rád tě poznávám,

moc detailní není. Nebudete potřebovat nějaký podrobnější?
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(1.44 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
factorio-current.log
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

gerren wrote:Ahoj, rád tě poznávám,

moc detailní není. Nebudete potřebovat nějaký podrobnější?
1. The language in this forum is English.
There are those exceptions:
A) if you are not able to write English. This can be only a one-time exception.
B) you can write in two languages, the second is the translation into English.
C) in the Translation-board.
D) the Multiplayer board when searching explicitly for players in that language.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

To be honest, I have no idea why is this happening, and as you are the only one with this issue, I strongly suggest checking your mouse :)

gerren
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gerren »

Well, this happens only in Factorio. I doubt I would be able to play Diablo III with this issue if you know what I mean...

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

Are you using a touchpad/touchscreen which uses Synaptics drivers, by chance?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

TruePikachu wrote:Are you using a touchpad/touchscreen which uses Synaptics drivers, by chance?
Good call, Synaptics (and Elan) drivers will prevent any mouse input on the touchpad as long as a key is being pressed. Plugging in an actual mouse instead of using the touchpad will fix the problem.

What kind of input device are you using, gerren?
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

orost
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by orost »

I have the same problem. Left cliks, right clicks and scrollwheel (through gesture) are extremely unresponsive when using my touchpad in the game - only 1 in 3-5 actually register. The pause menu isn't affected, but the in-game GUIs like inventory are. Only affects Factorio, haven't noticed it in any other game or on the desktop. External mouse works fine.

Moving around makes it worse. When moving clicks will mostly not work, when standing they will mostly work, but they can still work when moving or not work when not moving.

I suppose that the mechanism that normally prevents rogue touchpad input while typing is going wild in Factorio for some reason. Since it doesn't happen in other games, perhaps there is something that needs to be done to suppress this feature that Factorio isn't doing?

Windows 8.1 64-bit, game is 0.12.29 installed through Steam, the touchpad's name is "Synaptics SMBus TouchPad".

Jimbo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jimbo »

Same issue, latest demo on OS X. I'm using the built-in touchpad of a Macbook Pro.

For me the issue is worse -- no left-clicks register for accessing inventory, no matter what I do.

Any updates on this? It's literally a game-breaking bug for me, and I just downloaded the demo to try this out...

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

orost wrote:I have the same problem. Left cliks, right clicks and scrollwheel (through gesture) are extremely unresponsive when using my touchpad in the game - only 1 in 3-5 actually register. The pause menu isn't affected, but the in-game GUIs like inventory are. Only affects Factorio, haven't noticed it in any other game or on the desktop. External mouse works fine.

Moving around makes it worse. When moving clicks will mostly not work, when standing they will mostly work, but they can still work when moving or not work when not moving.

I suppose that the mechanism that normally prevents rogue touchpad input while typing is going wild in Factorio for some reason. Since it doesn't happen in other games, perhaps there is something that needs to be done to suppress this feature that Factorio isn't doing?

Windows 8.1 64-bit, game is 0.12.29 installed through Steam, the touchpad's name is "Synaptics SMBus TouchPad".
The problem is not on the Factorio side of things, it is your touchpad's drivers, and it is not affected by Factorio at all (you are just noticing it more). You will need to use an external mouse.

Jimbo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jimbo »

The problem is not on the Factorio side of things, it is your touchpad's drivers, and it is not affected by Factorio at all (you are just noticing it more). You will need to use an external mouse.
And how does that explain the same issue on OS X, with the computer's stock trackpad?

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

Jimbo wrote:

The problem is not on the Factorio side of things, it is your touchpad's drivers, and it is not affected by Factorio at all (you are just noticing it more). You will need to use an external mouse.
And how does that explain the same issue on OS X, with the computer's stock trackpad?
For the same reason, the touchpad is ignored while typing. It was once possible to bypass this, but apparently not anymore.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”