[v2.7, Windows, 64-bit] Random delays in input

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
macdjord
Inserter
Inserter

[v2.7, Windows, 64-bit] Random delays in input

Post by macdjord »

Something keeps going wrong with the way the game registers input. It seems to randomly be delayed by up to half a second, and other times ignored. So, if I tap 'D' to move right, any one of the following could happen:
  • No response
  • Take one step to the right
  • Take one step to the right after a 0.5-2 second delay
  • Run to the right for 0.5-2 seconds, as if I'd held down the 'D' key
The menus also have 0.5-2 second delays when I click on buttons.

This doesn't happen every time. When I first installed the demo, it worked fine. The first time I ran the alpha, it was unplayable due to this, but I quit and restarted the game, and it worked fine for 6 hours. Now, I've tried a dozen times in the last couple hours, and had this happen every time.

jura_k
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [v2.7, Windows, 64-bit] Random delays in input

Post by jura_k »

Something similar was happening to me (Win7-32bit). Sometimes controls got "desynchronized", i pushed direction button, some time nothing and then character started running for much longer time. Same with other controls. I usually pressed escape, waited for it to show and stabilize. It turned out, that my "System" process in task manager was using entire core (on dualcore) at the same time. These random spikes from system bugged me for some time now, but here it could make things bad when building or fighting, so I finally resolved id (at least it still seems so after few days) with help from here http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/85904 ... m-process/

Can you check task manager or cpu utilization at those moments? Are you running something else cpu demanding?

Return to “1 / 0 magic”