[12.25] [kovarex] Belt bug

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
DutchJer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[12.25] [kovarex] Belt bug

Post by DutchJer »

Hello, it seems like one of my belts is bugged out, its keeps filled with iron ore. I hadnt noticed it, but I wanted to deconstruct a big part of my smelteries, but one part of the belt and the furnace kept having iron ore on it.

it made factorio take up to 12.5 gb of ram before i shut it down via task manager. (I only have 16 gb so was slow).
i reloaded my save, and made a little movie about it. this will be in the attachments, together with my save. the location of the smelter is at 239, 59, just went back and tried to remove it by hand, its not the smelter, but the most top belt next to it, when i removed it, my game went back up to 12.6 gig of ram again.
Attachments
Save&movie.zip
(40.76 MiB) Downloaded 139 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [12.25]Belt bug

Post by Rseding91 »

Have you used or do any of your mods use any kind of direct belt manipulation? The transport belt that the inserter is taking items off of is reporting an extremely large amount of items on it:

If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

DutchJer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DutchJer »

im not using any mods that change belts, just a normal vanilla+ run, every time i run over the last belt pressing F I get instantly 4 stacks of iron ofc, but yea 1 million coal seems about right, is there a command i can try to destroy it?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

That value looks like half of max int on signed type :D

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [12.25] [kovarex] Belt bug

Post by kovarex »

Well, one of the items on the belt has this huge amount, this could be caused by mod or some Factorio error, or some memory/cpu error. I have currently no idea how it could happen, as there is no one else with this particular bug report, I will leave this as a 1/0 magic and see if it every happens to other people.

P.S. You can solve it by destroying the belt.

DutchJer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [12.25] [kovarex] Belt bug

Post by DutchJer »

i shot the belt, that worked :P

Return to “1 / 0 magic”