[1.1.104] Crash opening OBS (sdl_windowsopengl.c (864): WIN_GL_SwapWindow)

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
notnotatschool
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.104] Crash opening OBS (sdl_windowsopengl.c (864): WIN_GL_SwapWindow)

Post by notnotatschool »

I was playing Factorio multiplayer with the Space Exploration modset, hosting, with one other player joined. I had show-time-usage open and opened OBS, a video recording program, then Factorio crashed to desktop. I've included a link to the save file, saved by my friend who was joined (player notnotnaught was hosting, ronoman had joined).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d2eRs8 ... sp=sharing
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(95.38 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.104] Crash opening OBS (sdl_windowsopengl.c (864): WIN_GL_SwapWindow)

Post by Rseding91 »

It looks like it crashed inside some OpenGL logic in the AMD graphics driver. Is there a reason you forced OpenGL over using the default of DirectX? OpenGL runs significantly worse on Windows and worse still on AMD graphics cards.

I recommend switching back to DirectX and seeing if that solves your issue. Otherwise since the crash is outside of our code there's nothing we can do.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

notnotatschool
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.104] Crash opening OBS (sdl_windowsopengl.c (864): WIN_GL_SwapWindow)

Post by notnotatschool »

Thanks for the response. I definitely had `force-opengl=true` in the config.ini file, but at this point I've forgotten why. I'll set that to false and run it with DirectX.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”