[1.1.101] Crash (Surface::findAllEnemies)

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
arix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.101] Crash (Surface::findAllEnemies)

Post by arix »

Factorio crashed unexpectedly for me under normal conditions. I have included the log file and minidump, though I'm not sure how useful the latter may be here. OS is Windows 10 build 19045. AMD CPU.

1. What did you do?
Idle gameplay. Factorio was actively running in the background (not paused) and did not have window focus. I was typing in another app. No mods/add-ons. Not during an autosave. Just a spontaneous crash.

2. What happened?
Factorio crashed with an unhandled exception. Logs seem to indicate an attempt to access memory at a non-usable address. Trying to use an address of 0x90 seems to be a mistake.

3. What did you expect to happen?
Game should not spontaneously crash while defocused.

4. Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
Has only happened once so far.

5. How can the issue be reproduced?
Have not been able to reproduce. Playing from the last autosave has not caused another crash.
Attachments
factorio-dump-crash.dmp
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 16 times
factorio-crash.log
(11.75 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.101] Crash (Surface::findAllEnemies)

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Based off the crash and where it's saying it crashed this makes me think you likely have unstable and or failing hardware (most likely bad RAM). I recommend running a memory test and see if it spots anything.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”