[1.1.94] Crash inconsistently while saving (ElectricNetwork::saveAdditionalNetworksOfOwnedSources)

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
lockewatts
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.94] Crash inconsistently while saving (ElectricNetwork::saveAdditionalNetworksOfOwnedSources)

Post by lockewatts »

Hello!

I am returning to the game with a new computer after a ~ 1 year or so break, and am now having extreme instability where previously the game was completely stable. Approximately every 15 minutes I'm experiencing a crash. More often while saving, but not always.

The stack trace appears to be due to trying to access memory that doesn't make any sense to access, but I'm not very adept at reading C++ stack traces so it's entirely possible I'm not understanding correctly.

Going to test a game without my mods and see if the issue is reproducible without them and will update.

Error log: https://pastebin.com/4b6GRsNe

lockewatts
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.94] Crash inconsistently while saving (ElectricNetwork::saveAdditionalNetworksOfOwnedSources)

Post by lockewatts »

Additional information, sometimes the game will crash not when saving. Alternate crash log available here: https://pastebin.com/j86fEZtS

Both appear to share a common failure point at:

c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.16.27023\include\thr\xthread (230): std::_LaunchPad<std::unique_ptr<std::tuple<void (__cdecl SteelSeriesController::*)(void),SteelSeriesController *>,std::default_delete<std::tuple<void (__cdecl SteelSeriesController::*)(void),SteelSeriesController *> > > >::_Go

c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.16.27023\include\thr\xthread (209): std::_Pad::_Call_func
minkernel\crts\ucrt\src\appcrt\startup\thread.cpp (97): thread_start<unsigned int (__cdecl*)(void *),1>

Which is admittedly completely inscrutable to me, as I'm not using a Steel Series Controller, but I assume that's a red herring to something else actually failing.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.94] Crash inconsistently while saving (ElectricNetwork::saveAdditionalNetworksOfOwnedSources)

Post by Loewchen »

The crashes are unrelated, so this is likely hardware instability. You can try updating your bios, changing your memory settings or test if removing 2 sticks helps.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”