[1.1.91] SIGSEGV in main menu while game not focused

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
DoubleThought
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.91] SIGSEGV in main menu while game not focused

Post by DoubleThought »

I was alt-tabbed out at the time, so I'm not sure what was happening. It might be because I alt-tabbed out and my computer switched Factorio from the dedicated to integrated graphics cad. It might be because I have Factorio's main directory set to an external drive.

What I was doing:

I opened Factorio, with a modified version of the ResearchFog mod (adding a hidden optional dependency to change load order).

Then I created a new world to test that the load order change fixed the load order problem (Rail world preset, science multiplier x5, research queue always on)

After checking that the modification to the ResearchFog mod worked as intended, I exited the world without saving, returning me to the main menu.

I alt-tabbed to a different window.

At some point after this, while I was alt-tabbed, Factorio crashed.

I have modified version of ResearchFog as a zip file, as well as the factorio-current.log file relating to the crash.
Attachments
ResearchFog_0.0.2.zip
(3.48 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
factorio-current.log
(42.22 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

DoubleThought
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1.91] SIGSEGV in main menu while game not focused

Post by DoubleThought »

I've attached a sample save file with the same mod list and map settings, for convenience in syncing mods - sorry for not doing this earlier.
Attachments
Yuoki.zip
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 27 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Looking at the crash log; it's crashing inside something that has added an overlay hook to the game using a dll called "graphics-hook64". From a quick search that seems to be OBS.

Since it's crashing outside of Factorio code there isn't anything we can do. You can try updating or disabling OBS's graphics hook for Factorio if the issue persists.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

DoubleThought
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DoubleThought »

Ah, I see. I can confirm that I had OBS open at the time, hooked into Factorio. Thank you for your time

Return to “1 / 0 magic”