[1.1.89] Desync without mods, pure vanilla

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
TeflonMike
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.89] Desync without mods, pure vanilla

Post by TeflonMike »

Hey,

I have this issue where me (and only me) can't play with my buddy (he hosts on his local PC) because I'm getting desyncs in random intervals. Could someone point me towards the issue that I'm having. Nothing specific triggers this and that's why this "bug" report is so lacking. The only reproducable step is joining that hosted game and being on it for a while.

I reinstalled the game, deleted the AppData folder, verified the files on Steam. Issue persists.

Link to the desync report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M9xc-l ... sp=sharing

EDIT: it also desyncs players connected to me. Factorio is also the only game where this happens.

Another desync report from a connection to a different host: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_9vM9n ... sp=sharing

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.89] Desync without mods, pure vanilla

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

If you are the only one desyncing, it is most likely a problem with your RAM. I suggest testing your memory.
I think this post belongs in technical help.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

I looked at both of those desync reports and there is nothing interesting visible inside: the differences are around fluid contents, animation differences, pollution values and enemy evolution factors, which all indicate that at some point the energy consumption was most likely slightly different or computed differently but there are no indications which exact entity would cause this issue. Since this issue is happening randomly, without any reproduction steps on my end i am going to move this to 1/0 magic until you have a reliable reproduction. If possible please verify your hardware does not have failing RAM, which could also cause crashes of factorio or other software running at the same machine.

TeflonMike
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TeflonMike »

First of all thank you for looking into it.

I think i nailed down the issue and it isn't the game itself but something wrong with my windows installation. Running the game from a bootable Linux distro was all fine and well, so it wasn't hardware either. Anyways a clean windows install is due for me. Once again thank you guys for looking into it

Return to “1 / 0 magic”