Crash at maximum zoom

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Flouid
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Crash at maximum zoom

Post by Flouid »

I have experienced this issue for some time across many versions of the game in both vanilla and modded. I have updated all of my drivers including bios to the latest version and it still happens. Essentially, the game will sometimes crash when at the maximum zoom level. The game is playable but sometimes I zoom too far out and get an immediate crash. For a long time, I suspected a hardware failure, but I have since replaced every single component of my PC except my GPU and the issue persists.

I have attached the dump file.
Attachments
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(908.41 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Crash at maximum zoom

Post by Loewchen »

Post the log, see my signature.

Flouid
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Flouid »

My mistake, I thought that was the right file.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(12.29 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. That crash looks suspiciously like the AMD Ryzen entity-render crash considering: you have a Ryzen CPU, and crashed inside a random place in entity rendering :P

Basically... AMD needs to fix the issue. As you've said you already updated everything on your end so that just leaves waiting for AMD to issue a new update which fixes your issue. Other users have reported some success by lowering the number of render threads the game is allowed to use in graphics settings.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Flouid
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Flouid »

That is unfortunate, but thank you for the information and I'll try the workaround.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”