[0.17.79] Factorio crash on Ryzen system

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
SamSexyBeast
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.79] Factorio crash on Ryzen system

Post by SamSexyBeast »

No mods, happens semi randomly mostly when tabbed out of game and using my second monitor while game is still open on primary monitor, got worse after bios update and chipset update

Hope this data helps fix the error.

Files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
RAM: 16gb 3600
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
MOBO: MSI B450 Tomohawk

SamSexyBeast
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Factorio crash on Ryzen system

Post by SamSexyBeast »

A half-hour after updating bios and chipset driver I have had many more crashes than before and another crash that did not bring up the usual AMD Ryzen warning. Game is unplayable with the amount of crashes. I will post as many crash logs to attached Google drive as possible.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.79] Factorio crash on Ryzen system

Post by posila »

Hello, I am sorry to say this, but your computer is somehow faulty. It maybe anything from a bad part to just badly seated component.

You can try to alleviate the crashes by reducing "Max render threads" in graphics settings to 4 or so.

SamSexyBeast
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.79] Factorio crash on Ryzen system

Post by SamSexyBeast »

Thanks for the reply. I feel like I would have noticed on other programs and/or games of a faulty component. I will try other things and will let you know if any of them reduce or fix the crashing.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”