New goals?

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
User
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

New goals?

Post by User »

Hello,
I played many hours but after building the rocket defense I lost my motivation to play.
I always want a goal to reach. Are there any mods which adds a new story or a new goal like a bigger defense which needs why more resources?

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: New goals?

Post by DerivePi »

Some of my longer term goals:
- Automated rail station - receives all inbound cargo and sorts it - determines what train is waiting and loads it with specific cargo required by that outpost using red/green circuits

- Hand in hand with the train station - sorter with overflow controls/logic

- Multi material furnace that dynamically smelts required material between iron copper steel and brick using a balancing system

- Download mod of choice and figure out how to develop the added features - ex. lava smelting, tree farm automation, etc...

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

- make a factory wich produces 10 (100, 1000) Rocket defences a minute

- wait a litte more for the first 0.12. version

- make the no (little) handcraft challenge (do only minimal handcrafting and build ALL you can with factorys)

- play hardmode (if you have not done this yet)

Ohz
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ohz »

I recommend 4:

-
Phillip_Lynx wrote:- make a factory wich produces 10 (100, 1000) Rocket defences a minute
- Multiplayer - It's just awesome, like Minecraft or Don't Starve Together, it changes all the gameplay. Very easy to find mates on Evolve.

- I highly recommend Marathon. It makes everything 10x more costly, you cannot avoid any tech step. you will still using burning miners and other stone age stuff until your 10th hour of game. it takes 4 minutes and 700 iron to hand craft a steam engine, and you need 40 to 60 because solar pannel is definitely not affordable. Each building need a first thoughts, you cannot say "let's craft bunch of assembling machine whatever" nope, since you need like 1,4k of copper. lol.

- Try the biggest train network, play with settings to make ore rare and small but rich. I'm actually playing this + marathon means I probably will go to 10 outpost per ore running at the same time to keep up.
I'm not english, sorry for my mistakes

User
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by User »

Thanks for your answers. Is there a evolution limit for the biters if I play that long?

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

User wrote:Thanks for your answers. Is there a evolution limit for the biters if I play that long?
I have seen maps with 90% red dots all over :)

User
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by User »

ok so they spread heavily, but what is about the strength of a single biter?

Chronosfear
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chronosfear »

A single Biter in Marathon Mod isn't stronger , but you are probably weaker due to lag of military research.
Playing marathon only with a friend and we were forced to wall up with turrets with a very slow expansion speed.

Steam engines are a long time need. But remember, the fuel yield is reduced ( so your furnaces suffer from this ,too )

I strongly suggest you try this one. Its way harder but also more satisfying :P

albatrosv13
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by albatrosv13 »

deleted
Last edited by albatrosv13 on Thu May 19, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

User wrote:Hello,
I played many hours but after building the rocket defense I lost my motivation to play.
I always want a goal to reach. Are there any mods which adds a new story or a new goal like a bigger defense which needs why more resources?
You want a CHALLENGE!? then i would really recommend checking out my hardcore modpack :P Its NOT for the faint of heart! and if its to much you can just switch to the normal modpack to have a more relaxed experience :) But challenging! more then vanilla so. Adds a bunch of new content and has alot more enemies! I encourage you to check it out :) ! Promise you it wont be boring!

and uh.. new goals being? SURVIVE!
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

Return to “Modding discussion”