Lots of Stone

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
ErkCurley
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Lots of Stone

Post by ErkCurley »

I've been playing a map with dytech and Mohole which both create an abundance of stone and I was curious if anyone knew of a good mod or two that use stone in mass quantities for any purpose.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Lots of Stone

Post by Choumiko »

I haven't used any of these mods (Dytech for while, but not that much), so no idea what amounts of stone we're talking. I remember someone posting that he uses Landfill with modified recipes. Don't know how usefull this mod is for your playstyle, but then you have something to use the stone besides for walls and rails :)

ErkCurley
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ErkCurley »

With those mods together; I have gotten about 100K more stone than I have a use for, and I did hear about landfill but with that much stone I would fill every lake I could find. Thanks for the suggestion though.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Add another layer of walls to all your bases?
That's only 10k walls afterall. ;)
Make a new solar panel/accu blueprint that uses a large power pole, a roboport, a few laser turrets, and a few rings of walls.
Place all over outside the base. relax and watch them go to work. (A preexisting surplus of roboports highly recommended)
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

I have the same problem, with landfill can store the stone, but can't revert the recipe (every item of landfill use 80 stones and can stack above 250 items).

For this i'm working here in a wall it eats all items and generate mass (when destroys a block of wall, this be automatically repair if have mass), and gain more mass with crude stone, iron and copper.
But it's in a stand by :p
Can get a wall with /c game.player.insert{name="cursed-wall-base",count=1} but have problems if rises level, use only for trash :lol:

ErkCurley
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ErkCurley »

Thanks for the Ideas about cursed exp, I'll give it a try.

Return to “Modding discussion”