[GUIDE] Long range laser turrets

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
Balinor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[GUIDE] Long range laser turrets

Post by Balinor »

Ok this is basically the normal laser turret, all I've done is extend the range and lower the energy cost to make them rather overpowered. I'd suggest only using this if the creepers are being really annoying and you want to basically play without them being in the way.

First find the target file in your install location and make a backup of turrets.json (do not keep it in the same directory or it will cause a runtime error)

\Factorio\data\prototype-definitions\entity

then open the turrets file and scroll down to laser towers and find the line "shooting-parameters"

"range": 25,
"speed": 1,
"damage": 2,

are the original settings, I'd suggest changing to:

"range": 50,
"speed": 5,
"damage": 20,

This will make it much easier to deal with creepers without having to make a complete ring of laser turrets around your factory setups, at least until we have a no creeper rush option.
Last edited by rymn on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: naming convention

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Long range laser turrets

Post by rk84 »

or generate map in map editor, place player entity, add starting stuff in inventory, save map, play your scenario. No creeper waves, because map editor does not add control.lua in custom scenariors.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

Balinor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Long range laser turrets

Post by Balinor »

Ahh even better. I presume this will still generate creeper huts for farming the research packs?

Return to “Modding discussion”