Turret return timeout for structure based turret?

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Turret return timeout for structure based turret?

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I'm wondering if anyone knows if it'd be straight forward to add some kind of a timeout to the gun turret entity that prevents it from running through it's return/folding animation for a set time after firing? I see the tank uses this with turret_return_timeout, but it has no affect when merely placed into the gun turret's data, so I'm assuming there needs to be a script that knows to look for this value in the first place and gun turrets apparently do not have it. While I am somewhat familiar with Lua (used to do a lot of modding with Supreme Commander Forged Alliance), it has been years and it seems like much of this game's code/scripts are not out in the open, sort of speak, like Forged Alliance's was, for me to look over and figure out the best way to insert something to look for and act upon this value.

Any guidance here would be appreciated.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Modding discussion”