Angel Mods?

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Angel Mods?

Post by aober93 »

Hello, i post this here because the modding forum is tagged only for discussion about acually making mods. But i have a question about using mods. I want to try out mods that change the game like in the youtube videos.
I see many people meantion angel and bob mods to make the game a challange. But what are those? Can anyone run me down on this?

I find on the mod portal many mods with BOB, but its like "Depletion for Bob's ores"? What makes it challanging, if it makes resources infinite. But it gradually depletes? So its not infinite? Why is this mod a thing if the description sux ass? And what about angel?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Angel Mods?

Post by ssilk »

Moved to modding discussions
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

I was looking for a thread about Angel mods specifically.

I have played quite a bit of Bob´s but was considering to start a new game with some other mod, maybe Angel´s. Looks like I cant find much about it though.

Or maybe I should mix both Bob´s and Angel´s mods?

Please let me know what would be a great pack of mods that makes the game unfathomably complex and "fun" for me again now that I have managed to make speed modules 8 on bobs mods :D

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Angel's mods are really meant to be used with Bob's mods :D

You take those two, add marathon and the marathon fix for angels and bobs and it might be a bit hardcore :D

I'm doing it without marathon but with natural enemies mod and science cost tweaker set to not change the recipes in config only to multiply the costs.

Or you can try recently released AnonyMods mod that overhauls a lot - it seems to be quite complex too but might not play well with bobs and angels so needs to be used without them. I'd still recommend the science cost tweaker to make tech more costly since default tech costs are on low side.

There are also mod like Misantrophe that make biters much less friendly but I did not try that setup yet.

Ofc add RSO to all that to need to actually work a bit to get the resources.

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

okay, so all of angel mods together with all of bobs mods should work well together?

I think I will try that, add rso and also I like to use factorissimo.

RSO seems interesting because I have already tried to make very rich resources spread very far away but I havent quite had things spread far away enough for big train mess to make sense :D

That will be my next run :)

Ackos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ackos »

Farlands is a mod pack that combines bobs and angels.

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

Okay so Im using modpack called arumbaangelbobs now with rso since I could not find farlands.

Problem: I cant seem to automate making stone.

I do have *a lot* of crushed stone but I cant figure out how to make stone out of crushed stone or out of anything except hand crafting stone from crushed stone.

I did figure out I can make sludge out of crushed stone and I can seem to make other stuff out of sludge *except* I cant seem to find out how to make actual stone out of sludge.

What am I missing?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Mendel wrote:Okay so Im using modpack called arumbaangelbobs now with rso since I could not find farlands.

I do have *a lot* of crushed stone but I cant figure out how to make stone out of crushed stone or out of anything except hand crafting stone from crushed stone.

I did figure out I can make sludge out of crushed stone and I can seem to make other stuff out of sludge *except* I cant seem to find out how to make actual stone out of sludge.

What am I missing?
So the recipe that you are hand crafting stone with is not showing up in assembler?

Ackos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ackos »

Farlands can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=96&t=24889&hilit=farlands

Articulating
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Articulating »

Mendel wrote:Okay so Im using modpack called arumbaangelbobs now with rso since I could not find farlands.

What am I missing?
That mod pack already has RSO inside... but uh, I guess installing it again shouldn't cause any issues... maybe.

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

orzelek wrote:

What am I missing?
So the recipe that you are hand crafting stone with is not showing up in assembler?

Oh... yes it is. But not in a million years would I have thought to check for assembler to make a raw resource if not for you asking. I was going through hoops for something that was so simple :D
Thanks!

Return to “Modding discussion”