The Bittersweet Feeling of Having no New Mod Ideas

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
AlyxDeLunar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

The Bittersweet Feeling of Having no New Mod Ideas

Post by AlyxDeLunar »

Hey everyone!
It's been eons since I played Factorio or was involved in the community (in my very small way). Back in the day I made some little mods like Void Chest and Dynamic Expansion. I got the ideas after many many maaaany hours of playtime, and finally had that really satisfying feeling of knowing something I wanted in the game, and being able to put it in.
But now everything has been ported up by other people or essentially made obsolete, and even though I want to mod I can't actually think of anything to do. It's great that I can play with other people's stuff (and I've somewhat inspired some mods I really enjoy), but I'm a bit sad I can't think of anything unique to make (plus life makes it hard to find the spare time to pour into the game and get new ideas).

Have any other modders gone through similar feelings before?
Sometimes humorous, usually congenial. Always Alyx.

My Stuff:
Lunar's Factorio Mod Manager

mojo2012
Inserter
Inserter

Re: The Bittersweet Feeling of Having no New Mod Ideas

Post by mojo2012 »

Hey, I have a lot of ideas but lack the manpower ;)

If you want you can join me.

My newest idea is a mod called mojo-exploration. Its about randomly seeding ancient alien ruins in which you can find artifacts, like weapons, shields etc.

What i currently still need is graphics and new very powerful artifacts.

Currently I'm trying to incorporate other mods and use thise items and entities (especially the graphics) as alien items.

If you wanna know more just drop me a PM and we can talk about it in more details.

Cheers, matti

AlyxDeLunar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: The Bittersweet Feeling of Having no New Mod Ideas

Post by AlyxDeLunar »

mojo2012 wrote:Hey, I have a lot of ideas but lack the manpower ;)

If you want you can join me.

My newest idea is a mod called mojo-exploration. Its about randomly seeding ancient alien ruins in which you can find artifacts, like weapons, shields etc.

What i currently still need is graphics and new very powerful artifacts.

Currently I'm trying to incorporate other mods and use thise items and entities (especially the graphics) as alien items.

If you wanna know more just drop me a PM and we can talk about it in more details.

Cheers, matti
Sounds fun, sent you a PM :)
Sometimes humorous, usually congenial. Always Alyx.

My Stuff:
Lunar's Factorio Mod Manager

Return to “Modding discussion”