Modding Tips/Knowledge Help

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
MrSmoothieHuman
Inserter
Inserter

Modding Tips/Knowledge Help

Post by MrSmoothieHuman »

Hello! i've been looking around and cant really find one myself, so i decided to make this post (although i could have missed it), i am currently working on an overhaul mod and it would be useful to get some tips from the community on how to make sure its a fun and enjoyable experience :]

My main query is on balancing, are they any "checks" or things to look out for when balancing something apart from just trial and error? The best way i have found is to use a mod like helmod to check a ratio, change it in VSC, reload factorio, rinse and repeat and then play another round of my mod. While it does work (although not perfect), i would love to know if there is any easier way to go about it? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if people know enough (and with some help of wishful thinking), i'd love for this to be a little repo of modding help and knowledge to help any new or inspiring factorio devs with their journey. (god this sounds sappy, doesnt it :ugeek: )
coder? i hardly know her!

Return to “Modding discussion”