I made a mod and can't proceed ...

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
astral-entity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

I made a mod and can't proceed ...

Post by astral-entity »

I made a mod that includes graphical content of others. I can't get in contact with those people because the forum doesn't let me because I'm new here. And if I write a post in an existing thread, where I think a contact request for that related content fits the best, it is disapproved because it is off-topic.

How am I supposed to do anything here if I am not allowed to? :(

lyvgbfh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: I made a mod and can't proceed ...

Post by lyvgbfh »

Are their ways to contact them outside of the forum? Like if it's from another mod, the "contact" field would be a good start.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Usually, you can contact the mod dev via the mod portal or the contact option. Maybe also via github or something.
If you can't contact the mod dev, you can treat it as a "No".
In case of doubt, don't use graphical content of others, if the license forbids.

You can use factory base game assets, though, if that helps.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

astral-entity wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:20 pm
I can't get in contact with those people because the forum doesn't let me because I'm new here.
Try to send them a private message again! It should work now because you have made an approved forum post.
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Also if their graphics are already in a mod then you can often just depend on the other mod and then use the graphic by referencing the path in the other mod.

Return to “Modding discussion”