Is there another way to rollback particular mod version?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
erixonich
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Is there another way to rollback particular mod version?

Post by erixonich »

Hi,

I've tried to find existing post with same topic but failed to find that.

Currently if players want to stay on/rollback older version of the mod for current playthrough they need manually download files of previous mod version from the Mod Portal and replace files in mod directory, aren't they?

I've two questions/requests:
  • Is there another way to choosee explicitly older version of the mod?
  • Any plans to implement feature which allows players to choose particular version of the mod? (see image attachment)
    Screenshot 2024-04-20 181517.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-20 181517.png (425.02 KiB) Viewed 175 times

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Is there another way to rollback particular mod version?

Post by Pi-C »

erixonich wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:19 pm
Hi,

I've tried to find existing post with same topic but failed to find that.

Currently if players want to stay on/rollback older version of the mod for current playthrough they need manually download files of previous mod version from the Mod Portal and replace files in mod directory, aren't they?
No, usually you don't have to replace the files in the mod directory. You can manually download different versions of the same mod, and you can also unpack the different zipped mods (the version picked by automatic loading is that with the highest version number, unpacked mods taking precedence over zip files).
  • Is there another way to choosee explicitly older version of the mod?
You could edit file mods/mod-list.json, so that the entry for a mod named "my_mod" would look something like this:

Code: Select all

{
      "name": "my_mod",
      "enabled": true,
      "version": "1.0.3"
}
  • Any plans to implement feature which allows players to choose particular version of the mod? (see image attachment)
You can do something like that already in the mod manager if different versions of the same mod (packed or unpacked) are available in your mods folder:
multiple_versions.png
multiple_versions.png (130.62 KiB) Viewed 152 times
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

erixonich
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Is there another way to rollback particular mod version?

Post by erixonich »

Thanks for detailed reply!

I wasn't aware of that you can choose between version of already downloaded mods. This is very helpful!

Return to “Technical Help”