Armed Construction Bots.

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Loon93
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Armed Construction Bots.

Post by Loon93 »

So, I really enjoy playing with the Logistic and Construction Bots. In fact, I currently use mods that allow for mostly beltless play. But, I have a potentially ridiculous idea that I would love if it could be implemented in a mod.

I would love to be able to put bullet magazines into a roboport, much like how you can with repair packs; and when some biters start damaging parts of the factory, I would like for a proportional (or appropriate) number of Construction Bots to be able to pick up those magazines and then be able to defend the base. Their range of defense being the same as the Construction Range (the Green Zone.)

Alternatively, maybe a third type of Attack Bot that uses the same Logistics Network that the other two bot types use. I dunno.

I wish I had the skills to do this myself, but I could never handle coding. If someone would consider trying to put something like this together, I would be most grateful.

Thank you for your consideration:

Loon93

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Armed Construction Bots.

Post by ZombieMooose »

Mod Mash has Valkyries that do exactly what you want. There's a new mod called Aircraft Drones that are similar but require you to set targets.

Actually did a search and this seems to be exactly what you're looking for, though not verbatim.

I've not tested it myself so don't know about compatibility.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/combat-roboports
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Loon93
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Armed Construction Bots.

Post by Loon93 »

Well, thank you! I will have to check those out!

I tried a mod called Robot Army, and I really didn't care for it. But your suggestions may just be the ticket.

Again, I thank you.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”