[REQUEST] Fix and expand Colonists mod

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
AgnotSeeker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[REQUEST] Fix and expand Colonists mod

Post by AgnotSeeker »

Hey all,

I deeply love and have thoroughly enjoyed this mod - Colonists (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Colonists) - which is currently adandoned. I nor have the skills nor time to learn Lua and the Factorio API and thus I am here requesting someone else to fix and improve this wonderful mod. Something like They Are Billions would fit nicely into Factorio. I think this mod would accomplish this.

I've made some barely minimal changes such as the colonist pod sprite and tweaked ingredient and science costs but not much more than that.

Some necessary fixes and changes include:

- Update and improve GUI system - needs to be moveable and have a "close" option on the left hand side.
- Fix unresponsive colonist hunger system.
- Add available "food slot" in houses.
- Houses and clone duplicators need to require water - perhaps 100 water each cycle for T1 houses, 200 for T2 house and 300 water for T3 house of each food consumption cycle.
- Reproduction system - this would require a "empty house" recipe in which nearby populated house can populate over time. A hospital may be unlocked in mid-game which would increase the reproduction rate within its vicinity or area of influence.

Thankyou for any consideration in advance.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [REQUEST] Fix and expand Colonists mod

Post by darkfrei »

AgnotSeeker wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:03 pm
I nor have the skills nor time to learn Lua and the Factorio API and thus I am here requesting someone else to fix and improve this wonderful mod.
Normally is enough to unzip this file, rename folder, open the info.json in this folder, do necessary changings here. Update name, version and game version.
It's MIT license and you can make your fork.

AgnotSeeker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [REQUEST] Fix and expand Colonists mod

Post by AgnotSeeker »

That wouldn't be sufficient as the mod has some broken mechanics.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”