Request: Auto Train Grid Equipping.

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Icone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Request: Auto Train Grid Equipping.

Post by Icone »

Since you can't blueprint an existing train.
Since you can't put things from inserters automatically into the grid of a train/wagon/fluid wagon/vehicle.

Im requesting and hoping someone will make a mod that can auto equip trains/car/planes somehow with for example energy shields etc.

Im using Bob's and Angels with trains that i equip with faster engines/shields and vehicle laser and it's insanely annoying to equip like 40 new trains with 80+ wagons.
They get an immense increase to acceleration which helps the traffic alot with over 300 trains in my mega factory.
I also equip them so they can defend against biters, and if anything goes wrong, the trains wont get destroyed. Which helps.

Zuzak
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Request: Auto Train Grid Equipping.

Post by Zuzak »

Seconding this request

Even if its a janky barebones way for some way for a building or buildings to have a set of a few ~5-10 generic recipes for equipment insertion into a vehicle item that are meant to be manually changed by the user, by editing a config or a .lua or something.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

So you want the filter inserter, that can take items from chests and put them into the locomotive/equipment grid?

planetmaker
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by planetmaker »

Icone wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:10 am
Since you can't blueprint an existing train.
Since you can't put things from inserters automatically into the grid of a train/wagon/fluid wagon/vehicle.
Uhm... both works? You can blueprint trains just fine: the blueprints of trains contain the engine fuel as well as the indicators which items are allowed in which cargo slot of the wagons.

And if a train on automatic orders stops at a station, inserters insert into the wagons whatever they can (and are allowed, if they are filter inserters / if wagons have cargo-locked cargo slots).

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

There's even already a mod for making blueprinted trains start in automatic mode ;)

And as planetmaker said, the blueprints include fuel in the locomotive so the robots will also fuel the locomotives directly, so the trains can just start immediatly as they are built.

Haven't tested equipment slots in vehicles yet, but those slots are modded in so you should probably ask the author of the equipment slot mod for that first.

billbo99
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by billbo99 »

There is another mod I use "train-scaling" to clone trains and their schedules.

I have made a post for the mod to see if cloning the equipment grid would be possible.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/train-sca ... 000b4d00b1

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”