Remote Controlled Requester Chests

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Remote Controlled Requester Chests

Post by GewaltSam »

I don't know if something like that is even possible; if not, please tell me, so I can post this in the Suggestions forum. I think it would be a great addition to circuit logic in general. The main idea is to add some remote controlled requester chests which can be programmed by a terminal; everything needs to be connected by circuit wires.

Here is an example of how to use this: You are far away in some outpost you are building. You got most of the stuff you need, but as it happens so often, you just forgot something important back in your main base. You'll need to hop on a train, ride back to base, get the stuff, ride back and remember you totally forgot some of that other important stuff. Rinse and repeat. Currently, there is no way to order something to somewhere if you don't configure everything in advance.

Now, how about you have this personal train station with some remote controlled requester chests ready to fill your private train. Those are connected to the logistics network which spans to every outpost you got. At those outposts, you got some kind of terminal (maybe it can use a similar interface to train stations). There, you should see all the RC requester chests connected to said circuit. With this terminal, you can request exactly the materials you need to be loaded into the chests. All you have to do now is send your personal train to the station and back and it will bring you all those things you were missing while you can continue building your outpost.

Bonus points if those requests only get served once and deleted after, but it's of course possible to do that manually. Also, it would be nice if you could name those chests so you can't mix them up too easily.

What do you think?

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Remote Controlled Requester Chests

Post by L0771 »

I like your idea, but i don't know if it is possible, the problem is manipulate logistic slots with the mod, i don't know if it is possible, maybe teleport the chest at your location, but this is a big change, i think it needs some cool down, or chest teleported must be empty...

I'm planning a "teleport" for the next week, is a expensive cost teleport.
First set a base, for teleport to your base need have a item (this item is the cost) and your corpse remains where left it to back again to your position, and if come back from the base, this item is returned, i think this is balanced because can't travel too far and back without the corpse (he can, but loses the item), and biters can destroy the corpse and loses the item.
I said it because i think it is some like what you wants, back to base and back again to outpost, but my items generally aren't easy to get.

This may be what you want?

And sorry my english XD

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”