90 degree side inserters

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
MickeyMc5
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

90 degree side inserters

Post by MickeyMc5 »

I've been looking for a mod that has 90 degree inserters and so far the only one I found doesn't seem to work in 11.3. A simple side inserter could save sooo much space or allow simple fixes where otherwise a total base reconstruction would be needed. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to mod them in as I'm not as talented as modders are, but please for the love of god somebody make one!

Interestingly enough, they could even be innately faster than regular inserters of the same speed due to only having to rotate half the distance.

Another idea for an inserter I had is one that performs both input and output in one action. Say you're making gear wheels, the inserter would pick up an iron plate on its input turn, and then after placing the iron plate it could grab a gear wheel if any are available and place them on the conveyor. This idea could be combined with side inserters so that it could pick up from one ending track and then place items on another track running perpendicular to the first one!

Example: Inserter picks up ingredient item from W direction, swings around and places item in assembly machine on E direction, if any products are available then it picks them up and places them in the S direction, repeat. This could potentially even be one part that has a GUI like oil refineries and such, just open the GUI and designate the directions it takes from and gives to. One inserter to rule them all!

Anyways, just some ideas. The lack of a side inserter really grinds my butt when I'm trying to make compact assembly chains.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 90 degree side inserters

Post by FishSandwich »

Have you tried dytech's inserters?

MickeyMc5
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MickeyMc5 »

FishSandwich wrote:Have you tried dytech's inserters?
I'm using them now but I don't see any side inserters, only more variations of vanilla and some nice ones for placing on different sides of the conveyor. Which ones are the side inserters?

Actually, I'm ONLY using the inserters module from the Dytech mods, so is it possible they are in one of the other ones. I would be using some of the other ones, but I just don't like the big changes some make and the logistics module causes the game to crash on the loading screen.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

I can't actually remember now if Dytech 0.10 had side inserters and they were removed for 0.11, or if I was remembering this mod, so my bad. :P

Damrus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Damrus »

MickeyMc5
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MickeyMc5 »

FishSandwich wrote:I can't actually remember now if Dytech 0.10 had side inserters and they were removed for 0.11, or if I was remembering this mod, so my bad. :P
You guys. Are. Awesome. Can confirm the mod in FishSandwich's link works in 11.3. When you pick it back up it seems to revert to a basic inserter but whatever, worth it.

elmi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by elmi »

Google translater ftw ^^

Logistic mod
Better electric pole mod

Grimshad
Inserter
Inserter