[Mod Request] Damage Amount Indicators/Popups

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
thatguyagain
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Mod Request] Damage Amount Indicators/Popups

Post by thatguyagain »

Pretty simple mod request I hope:

When shooting enemies (and ideally structures/objects too), show damage amount indicators on hits like RPGs or shooters such as Borderlands. I figure it would look like the floating text you see when you take items out of chests and such. Even better if it could be colored or something but just being able to see the raw damage per shot that I'm doing would be great. Also it would be cool if turrets could display this numbers too, ideally with a mod setting for when it would get overwhelming late game. Seeing biter/enemy faction indicators wouldn't be useful but isn't worth worrying about if it's a side effect.

I play with a lot of military mods and specifically had this idea when I was debating between using Rampant Arsenal's minigun and Bob Warfare's rifle so mod compatibility would be important if possible.

Pic for Borderlands for and extreme example:

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod Request] Damage Amount Indicators/Popups

Post by Ultros »

There's one written by Eradicator for 0.16 viewtopic.php?p=367915#p367915

It's not released anywhere else AFAICT. I can't release it on the official mods site since I'm not the original author, but I've made some edits to it (show different colours depending on whether an enemy or the player force damaged something, and enable logging damage to a file) and have posted the edited version and updated it for 0.17 viewtopic.php?p=422035#p422035

It hooks the API call for when an entity is damaged, so it should in theory be compatible with mods.

thatguyagain
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by thatguyagain »

Thanks this is just what I was looking for! I'm not sure how mod ownership works but I see ports of other mods on the portal all the time so shouldn't it be ok for you to post it there as long as you give credit? Either way thanks for this I'll add to my mandatory QoL mods list!

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

thatguyagain wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:29 pm
Thanks this is just what I was looking for! I'm not sure how mod ownership works but I see ports of other mods on the portal all the time so shouldn't it be ok for you to post it there as long as you give credit? Either way thanks for this I'll add to my mandatory QoL mods list!
im not sure about mods "released" on the forum, without a licence file
best (and nicest) bet is to send a PM
If you wanna see it released that is, afterall its put on the forum to be used and noone can stop you to do that privatly

MrKozbot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MrKozbot »

Wanted to take a quick shot at seeing if I could maybe make this from scratch and not pretty but technically seems to be working. On the right track you think?
Damage Indicator.png
Damage Indicator.png (181.76 KiB) Viewed 1447 times

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”