Suggestion/request/idea for Power Management mod

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
ThirteenEra
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Suggestion/request/idea for Power Management mod

Post by ThirteenEra »

This was originally posted on Reddit as a question, and i was directed here as there seemed to not be anything similar to this, even though multiple people have expressed interest.

Original post: http://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/commen ... sage_info/

The idea comes from the fact that often when i was running around my base managing stuff i would periodically have a look at my power supply, see "production 20%", and go on with my stuff. Then suddenly (maybe after draining one of the belts, or placing a few extra assemblers, etc) i would immediately drop into 30-40% consumption, absolutely unexpectedly. Unfortunately the default power management UI does not seem to provide useful enough information to handle such stuff, so this is where this idea/suggestion for the mod came up:

A mod that would show more info about your power grid, including (but not limited to) things like max power drain (i.e. when every factory was running), time left until capacitors empty, etc. Feel free to check the reddit thread as well!

Many thanks & i do hope someone decides to pick this idea up, that would be amazing!

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Suggestion/request/idea for Power Management mod

Post by n9103 »

It's not too difficult to estimate max drain yourself (barring laser turrets firing, which complicates things a bit), particularly if you use the different lengths of time available in the power window.
As for the Time to Empty, there are at least half a dozen threads here that go into the various formulas...

Eh, nevermind. If people want to play without understanding what's going on, then whatever. It's their copy.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”