warehouse for circuits and networks

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Sneaker2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

warehouse for circuits and networks

Post by Sneaker2 »

Is there a mod which allows you to place circuit combinators and networks into a warehouse and get signals in and out of this warehouse?

My problem is that I often need some little circuit networks for steering certain factory parts, yet these networks take a lot more space than I would want them to.
So, since there a mods with warehouses, is it possible to place those networks into those houses and just receive the finished signal? or even put some signals into those which get processed? This warehouse would also need to be quite small in size (about 1*1 or 1*2) so that even multiple houses could be placed side by side in little space.
This would solve a lot of my problems, since ingame tools could be used a lot better in a far smaller space.

Is there a mod out there that does that? Or what would it take to create a little mod like this?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: warehouse for circuits and networks

Post by eradicator »

Sneaker2 wrote:Or what would it take to create a little mod like this?
It would take all your UPS and eat them for breakfast. And still be hungry.
In other words: "Warehouses" (i.e. factorissimo) use different surfaces ("dimensions" in minecraft-speak) to simulate the "bigger on the inside" warehouses. But due to how circuits work in factorio transferring signals between different surfaces (i.e. the main world and the inside of a warehouse) has abysmal performance. Factorissimo should in fact support circuits so you can try yourself. Making the warehouses "outside" graphic smaller is as easy as attaching a .scale=0.1 to the graphic definition and changing the selection/collision box size.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”