[Idea/Request] Disabling/Filtering Warning Alerts

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Eunomiac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Idea/Request] Disabling/Filtering Warning Alerts

Post by Eunomiac »

I've searched the forums and found this suggested a few times (as far back as 2014) as a core Factorio feature, but I wasn't able to find much discussion about making this change as a mod:

BASIC CONCEPT: A GUI wherein you can set the "alert level" for when specific objects are damaged or destroyed. I'm envisioning a series of six columns/categories (i.e. "Damaged: Ignore", "Damaged: Yellow Alert", "Damaged: Red Alert", "Destroyed: Ignore", "Destroyed: Yellow Alert", "Destroyed: Red Alert"), into which you could paste ghost items to set the level of alert for when that item is either damaged or destroyed. This would allow you to disable alerts for damaged walls, but retain the warnings for when significant infrastructure is threatened.

Has anyone done any work in this direction? I did a cursory search of the mod list, but I couldn't find anything that addressed the warning alerts directly. When playing games with aggressive biter/spitter mods, the "objects are being damaged" warning is utterly ubiquitous; I've had to disable the sound entirely for the sake of my sanity, and this has caused me to miss when enemies have broken through my defenses.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”