Pre-16.7 Fluid Waggons.

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Imca
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Pre-16.7 Fluid Waggons.

Post by Imca »

Would it be possible to revert the fluid wagon change with a mod? It quickly builds up an excessive amount of cars and just in general isn't fun... especially when you cant unload and offload liquids from the same tank without contaminating the line.....

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Pre-16.7 Fluid Waggons.

Post by orzelek »

It's not possible in non code/hack heavy way.
Code for that has been removed from game and it can't be easily modded in.
Any attempt at that would need tons of scripting and would be really difficult tomake it similar to what was in game before. Might be not possible at all.

If you set up your pumps correctly you should be able to pumpmultiple fluids out with one set of pumps and redirect them to different places by using some simple wiring. I didn't attempt to do it in practice but there were people on formums making contraptions to pump multiple fluids through one pipe.

Imca
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Imca »

Do you got a link to that one? Because my split fluid waggons all unload and offload at the same station per waggon, and if I could simply make it so that one pump would drain the tank, then stop, then another pump fills the tank then stops, that could work too.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Sorry no links and I don't have a ready game to try it right now.
It should be pretty simple as long as you have few things:
1. Read the contents of train and attach it to any > 0 (or heavy oil >0 etc) combinator. Make it output one of signals at 1.
2. Connect wire to all outgiong pumps and make them work when signal is 1.
3. Make input pumps pump at same signal at 0.
It's pretty simple and I think it should work. I'm not 100% sure how it will behave when train just arrived and input pumps are on (no train signal present) and pumps might try to pump something in before signals readjust. If thats a problem then a bit more complex solution would be needed with using train detection to create small delay before input pumps come on.

This shoul work well if train has only tankers and you will wire all inputs/outputs in same way. I'm not sure if there is a viable way of doing it per wagon without using some mod that would read contents of it directly (train output gives contents of whole train at once).

PS.
Ofc it needs testing. And I'm writing it around 2am so might be totally wrong ;) And I'm pretty sure there are plenty of very combinator qualified people around that can make it better.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

the abillity to split the wagon was part of the GUI, the support for the GUI was removed. total_capacity tag was replaced with capacity, rename that and it works as a single tanker. The code is gone, there's no way to mod it back in.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Barreling! And you can take up to 40 fluids into one wagon.

tk0421
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tk0421 »

darkfrei wrote:Barreling! And you can take up to 40 fluids into one wagon.
also nearly useless now. barrels now hold 1/5 their previous capacity. going to need a mod to revert that too

sicklag
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sicklag »

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”