Request for circuit network/storage mod

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Kiralv
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Request for circuit network/storage mod

Post by Kiralv »

Hi, I am playing factorio using lots of mods, main ones are bobs, angels, factorisimo, space extension. Im also restricting myself from using hands to craft stuff and using logistics robots. I did the robots in a previous play but it became boring , any time a new technology comes up you just put the building down , add 1 requester and one provider chest and you can forget about it.

so far its quite nice, i am handling most fluids in factorisimo buildings and am building the processing of all solids also in the same way. the refining process is controlled so i dont over/under produce anything. I got a problem though, because bobs and angels adds lots of raw elements and different components the process after the refining gets a bit insane. I have a warehouse that gets all the plates and have 2 factory buildings on each side to handle the production but there are so many things to build and i cant fit it all in 2 factories. i could place another one but that would not be able to handle all the stuff as well.

I tried to search for a mod but could not find anything. Ideally i would connect the warehouse thats between my factorisimo buildings with another one thats somewhere where there is space around it so i can build more factorisimo buildings around. And by connect i mean if the main warehouse has 200 iron then 100 iron is sent to the outher one so it equalizes all the time . i know i can do this one resource at a time but the warehouse has like 30 different types of items, there is no way i can place that many inserters. I know there is an equalizer mod that allows to do this with chests that are side by side and it actually also happens with a chests that are on both sides on factorisimo building (the chest inside and outside can equalize)

What i would like to have is a way to set up 2 storage units so that an inserter thats connected would try to take items out from the first chest until the second one has more of that item than the first one, and then the inserter would move to the next type of item in the first chest.

alternatively new type of circuit network and logistic network signal would also do the job. if i can set an inserter logistics network to check for [any item] < 200 in the second warehouse and then circuit network [any item] > 200 on the first one, then it could check all items and start pushing them via one belt.

In any case i would appreciate if someone would try to do something like that or if someone had advice how it can be done without using logistics robots. (not sure if it can be done with them to be honest, i dont think there are so many slots on one container)
Attachments
problematic point in my factory
problematic point in my factory
factorio.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 1363 times

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Request for circuit network/storage mod

Post by torne »

It sounds like you can do what you're asking for with just a combinators and one or more filter/stack filter inserters, unless I'm misinterpreting what you want. To make a filter inserter move items from container A to container B any time A has more than B:
1) connect container B to the input of an arithmetic combinator, set to "each * -1 = each" - this makes all the counts of items in B negative.
2) connect container A to the output of that arithmetic combinator - this adds the counts in A to the negative counts from B, giving you "A-B" for each item, which will be >0 if A has more than B.
3) connect one or more filter/stack filter inserters to the output of the arithmetic combinator and set them to "set filter" mode. This will cause them to filter on any items with a >0 signal.

Kiralv
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Request for circuit network/storage mod

Post by Kiralv »

i will try that, i didnt know that filter inserters can dynamically switch their parameters, thank you

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”