(Request) Enderchests

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

(Request) Enderchests

Post by omegasrevenge »

Hello guys,
I would love to have the Enderchests and Endertanks from Minecraft!

- All Enderchests of the same color are connected and share same space
Example: You put in an Iron plate in chest A and chest B which is of the same color also has an iron plate in its inventory. If you take out the plate from Chest B then the plate also disappears in chest A.
- All Enderchests also act like storage chests for the logistic robots. That way you can still request or dump stuff from/in them with logistic robots
- The Enderchests are upgradeable in size. Since the further you progress in the game the more stuff you got, so you need more space to put it somewhere. I believe it is still balanced to have an Enderchest with infinite space as the endgame goal, that way you've got something else to work for. Always good to have.
- Endertanks work the same way as Enderchests
Example: You put oil into a red Endertank and every single other red Endertank will have that oil inside. If you want to transport different fluids in this way then you need different colored tanks.

And since I have already mentioned that Enderchests are connected to your logistic network and Endertanks work the same way as Enderchests...

Logistic Robots that transport fluids instead of items. They just have a few drums built inside of them and can pick up a set amount of fluid from a special tank building (like an endertank) and go dump it into another special fluid tank building.

Also:
Since the space in the last tier of Enderchests will be unlimited, but you still have to be able to find stuff in there, it would be great if you could type in a name somewhere in a textfield in the chest and only items containing that string in their name will be shown!

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: (Request) Enderchests

Post by SHiRKiT »

Take a look at this: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=3134

Put luquids into barrels and you have your mod request =]

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omegasrevenge »

SHiRKiT wrote:Take a look at this: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=3134

Put luquids into barrels and you have your mod request =]
I already knew about this mod, but this is just not the same. I want a chest that contains dozens of millions of items, and hundreds of different types of items and not have to care which belt goes where at all!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

omegasrevenge wrote:I already knew about this mod, but this is just not the same. I want a chest that contains dozens of millions of items, and hundreds of different types of items and not have to care which belt goes where at all!
So, in a game of logistics you want to remove the challenge of logistics?...

Also, I don't think it's possible to do what you're asking with the limited modding ability available in Factorio. Definitely not possible to do ender tanks, ender chests would be limited to one-way teleportation of items.

Use robots and logistics chests. You don't have to use belts and the robots will move items around as you tell them to.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omegasrevenge »

Rseding91 wrote:So, in a game of logistics you want to remove the challenge of logistics?...

I want an endgame goal that turns old technologies obsolete, like in real life. Trains and conveyor belts get substituted by superior logistic robots, and enderchests would substitute those, at the right price. (500k iron plates for a single chest? I have 4million of those just lying around.)
Rseding91 wrote:Use robots and logistics chests. You don't have to use belts and the robots will move items around as you tell them to.
Already done. I have over 2k of the best DyTech logistic robots with a custom technology I have implemented that sped them up even more by 5000%. Still not enough!

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”