Place large mirrors in space

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Wintermute
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Place large mirrors in space

Post by Wintermute »

I like to continue the game after launching the first rocket, e.g., by earning white science packs or building "Orbital Ion Cannon" (using the mod).

It would be great to be able to send large mirrors to space that allow to redirect the sunlight, such that nights are a bit brighter. For example, each such large scale mirror, could make the night a bit brighter (like 4%) and if one places like 25 mirrors in space the night would be as bright as the day (mirrors should not have an effect on the daylight). A nice side-effect of this would be that solar-panels would earn more during the "night".

I hope this was not discussed before ( I searched the forum, the mods and a bit with google but could not find a discussion of this anywhere ).

Is something like this possible / can it be done relatively easily?

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Place large mirrors in space

Post by Qon »

There's several mods that changes nights and days to become longer/short and lighter/darker. Probably pretty simple.

25 is a very easy goal once you get regular launches though. Maybe the effectiveness of each launch should decrease so that to get something that brightens the night noticably requires a handfull of launches but close to 100% daylight all the time requires massive amount of launches?

But a Dyson swarm mod seems pretty cool, if you want to go a bit further with the idea.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”