[Request] Alert when train out of fuel

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Pontiac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Request] Alert when train out of fuel

Post by Pontiac »

I've looked at the mod portal for a mod or mod pack that'll tell me when a train is out of fuel, or getting low. Anyone know of such a beast?

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Request] Alert when train out of fuel

Post by British_Petroleum »

There was a mod i used in 0.14 that would alert me when a train was stuck somewhere; due to a signal, low fuel or otherwise. I think it was called fat controller

AndrewIRL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Request] Alert when train out of fuel

Post by AndrewIRL »

This is not exactly what you asked for but maybe an alternative way to get the desired result?
Choumiko wrote:When a train needs refueling, the station will be added to the end of the schedule. So plan for that by making the last station in the schedule close to a reachable refuelstation. (I tend to have the station at the Factory last and the refueling stations between the base stations and the mainline, so they can refuel after delivering their cargo and before going to outposts)
[MOD 0.15] SmartTrains 2.0.2

Pontiac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[FOUND/No Longer Req'd] Alert when train out of fuel

Post by Pontiac »

The Fat Controller does what I need it to do, without being too overbearing. I found Logistic Train Network after the fact, and have all my trains associated to fill up while waiting for a new job, so I kind of solved my problem. However, this Fat Controller does add an extra layer of awareness to what the trains are doing, so bonus.

Thanks.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”