Packing/Unpacking Assembly

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
PharAway
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Packing/Unpacking Assembly

Post by PharAway »

Either through current assemblers or with a separate facility allow the merger of 2,3, & 4 items to create one item that can be moved by inserters, train, etc. For instance if I want to get batteries, engines, and plastics from one end of my factory to the other I can have them as inputs to a packing facility that outputs a "shipping container" to a belt/logistics box and is then moved as one unit to an unpacking facility that breaks the "shipping container" item down to its 3 original items. Would make for more realistic shipping methods.

Also, my twitter handle is @PharAway05

Check us out on face book at Phar Away Gaming

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Packing/Unpacking Assembly

Post by DaveMcW »

PharAway wrote:For instance if I want to get batteries, engines, and plastics from one end of my factory to the other I can have them as inputs to a packing facility that outputs a "shipping container"
Try using a cargo wagon with filters for battery, engine, plastic.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I'm unsure. It could be useful or it could be totally unuseable. :) But it is not difficult to make a mod out of it, to test it.

Should I move that to the mods-requests?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Robbedem
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Robbedem »

Belts are pretty cheap, so this will propably not be used very much. The only reason I see that would make this usefull is to balance amounts of different goods on a single belt. (f.e., electronic circuits, copper cable and plastic bars in a 1/1/2 balance for advanced circuit production)

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shaymes »

i like the idea of supply creates, i have multiple bases. example: one base for smelting, one for research, a couple of military outposts, the bots there needs stuff stored for keep alive, walls, repair packs, turrets, ammunition its hard to keep a specific count of this with a train - so i have a wagon with turrets one with walls etc etc and unload with smart inserter if they need resuply, there must be a better way to do that.

maybe like this Image

i can make a testing mod - what you like to have to pack in a create? (have a idea to redesing a furnance to smelt items to a create)
Mining Drill Operator

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Ok, I move this to the mods-request , but keep a link here, cause it makes sense in this special case.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”