Teleport items from chest to chest - Telelogistics?

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
kevincool87
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Teleport items from chest to chest - Telelogistics?

Post by kevincool87 »

I've been looking for a way to teleport items around chests, which is to say a way to cheat around using belts or robots.

There is something similar to this that had been made but is severely outdated : viewtopic.php?f=211&t=3134.

If someone could make a new mod or at least update that mod above, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Teleport items from chest to chest - Telelogistics?

Post by Rseding91 »

But why? A *massive* part of the game is dealing with the logistics - if you remove that you might just not play the game.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kevincool87
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kevincool87 »

Rseding91 wrote:But why? A *massive* part of the game is dealing with the logistics - if you remove that you might just not play the game.
Just for the fun of it really. I did say that I do know that it is cheating around belts and logistic robots.

At my point in game I have dealt with all kinds of logistics, bus lines, and nothing but logistic robots to move things around. Now I want to experience something different.

It's good to have alternative options to play around with, which may bore new method of ways to playing this game. Even if this mod doesn't do just that, mods doesn't have to make sense all the times and can still be enjoyed to have in the game. There already are teleport mods for the player, remote access/building without being in close proximity and all kinds like that and they are fun to play with.

You ask why? Well why not?

Most mods by definition remove/bypass some intrinsic nature of the game that, as you say, are a massive part of the game. Yet here they are. I believe logistic robots as an entirety is literally bypassing exactly what you said, and yet it's part of the base game.

Players want mods not just for the singular narrow minded reason of improving/upgrading/helping the base game, but to try out different paths of methods of playing. Those kinds of desires should be promoted instead of suggesting that they should just stop playing the game.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

There is one mod with chest, that can destroy all inside and in another chest you can create something same.

y_e_a_r
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by y_e_a_r »

I recently released a mod that sounds like exactly what your asking for: Item Network

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”