[REQUEST] oil tanker/tanker

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
pdiddy973
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[REQUEST] oil tanker/tanker

Post by pdiddy973 »

I think it would a neat idea to have an fluid tanker for trains so then you don't have to worry about filling the barrels up...and it should also be able to use all other liquids and have different sizes. so then you could have smaller tanks or larger tanks depending on how much you want to ship. like if you want to ship in water you can have say 4 large tankers so then you can build without water needing to be near and you could use it to transport the oil refinery products and transport the products to a main base instead of the raw oil. also a liquid loader would be needed so their could be different sizes for different tanker size and the larger the loader size the faster it can load...as an example you can fill a small tanker and a large one at the same speed but you would have to have more pipes/backed up fluids for the larger tanks so it can fill efficiently.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: oil tanker/tanker

Post by Rahjital »

JamesOFarrel has done a lot of good work in his Wagons mod. He tried to make a liquid wagon as well, but unfortunately mods cannot manipulate liquid in 10.0, so it can't be done now. If the devs add at least a basic way of manipulating liquids in 10.1, we may finally see the tankers in the game.

Rensiur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [REQUEST] oil tanker/tanker

Post by Rensiur »

Adding tot he post before mine, try out the liquid station mod. With teh filters that can be set on wagons at teh time it can be done to only transport oil barrels in a wagon.

Not really an Oil tanker, but the closest we can get to it. Due to the liquid station mod you will be able to refine at Outpost A, and transport any product from there to its desired location, best workaround I know so far.

pdiddy973
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [REQUEST] oil tanker/tanker

Post by pdiddy973 »

well i think it would be really neat to have an extra 4 different wagons for the trains... it would add a lot more complexity for train networks besides the iron/copper/maybe stone/oil barrels train systems...and having different size wagons would help too so they can be varied in stead of "once size fits all"

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”