[REQUEST] Human / Alien bases random generated zones

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
michael1358
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[REQUEST] Human / Alien bases random generated zones

Post by michael1358 »

I'd like to request if anyone is willing to make a mod which adds random enemy and friendly bases to the world generation, perhaps enemy aliens using guns, not zerg-like creatures but humanoids.

Specifics:

1. Adding a trading system for you to trade with npcs.

2. Adding custom made multiple base templates - hostile and friendly to the world generation.
They will be placed accordingly, friendly bases to trade with low level materials closer to the starting location while better and more advanced materials will be placed further.

3. The trades will be random but between several templates so it wont be luck based for you to suddenly trade at the start with an alien for something you should be having at the end of the game.

Friendly base and NPC

* The friendly bases should contain: Walls, Gates, Friendly NPC(s), Friendly turrets (to defend against the zerg-like aliens).
* Friendly NPC behavior: Idle or radius patrol inside the base.
* They will not contain spawning structure for two reasons:

1.It can cause manipulation of the random trading (If you felt unlucky with the current trade with the npcs in the base you found, you may kill them to try again)
2. It will be more fun to attempt to protect the friendly aliens instead of not caring if they die as they will re-spawn again.

*Their generating location should not be surrounded by too many zerg-like creatures as they will get roamed by them and have no functionality in the game

Hostile base and NPC

* The hostile bases should contain: Walls, Gates, Hostile NPC(s), Hostile turrets (To attack the player and defend themselves from zerg-like aliens) and SPAWN structures.
*Hostile NPC behavior: Radius patrol or attacking enemy players using infantry creatures which will scale through the game up to vehicles and robots.
Even when an enemy alien base was not encountered through the map, random infantry solders will spawn at the edges to attack the player(s) unlike the vanilla alien creatures which will not attack unless you aggro-ed them through pollution or
went too close to their spawn point.

*Their generating location should not be surrounded by too many zerg-like creatures as they will get roamed by them and have no functionality in the game just like the friendly base generation.

If there's anything I can help with, decisions and such (As I never studied LUA codding), feel free to contact me - michael.tarasiuk@gmail.com

Thank you for reading!

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”