[request] Toggle for Night Vision

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[request] Toggle for Night Vision

Post by Peter34 »

There's already a mod using the F1 key to toggle Exoskeletons on and off, so my suggestion is to use F2 as the default toggle for this one.

The reason it's needed is that I imagine many players are like me, in that they like having Night Vision on when they're outside the base, or at the fringes of their base during the night, especially if using a mod that extends the duration of the day/night cycle (I think the mod quadruples it by default, but I'm using a mere doubling) where there are no Lamps (or at best very few), but when inside the base, where there are plenty of Lamps, it's annoying to have the NV visual effect and it'd be nicer if it wasn't active.

One can, of course, just remove the NV module from the armour grid, manually, then manually re-insert it before going out to the fringes ot even going beyond the Wall, but assuming it's fairly easy to make such a mod (based on the existence of the Exoskeleton toggle mod) then it would greatly increase quality-of-life for many players to be able to achieve the same with a mere keypress.

DaCyclops
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [request] Toggle for Night Vision

Post by DaCyclops »

Well, that was a fun jaunt through the code. Enjoy!

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/DaCyclops/NightReVision

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [request] Toggle for Night Vision

Post by Peter34 »

Thanks! I hope this mod becomes popular!

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”