Truly underground belts and pipes

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
deemer
Inserter
Inserter

Truly underground belts and pipes

Post by deemer »

It is annoying to me that "underground" pipes and belts need to come up to the surface every 12 or 6 tiles, respectively. I would like to see a mod that adds an "underground pipe connector" and an "underground belt connector". They should perhaps be slightly more expensive than their vanilla counterparts, but basically serve to replace the surface part of an underground pipe or belt when it is just continuing in a straight line. I envision that from the surface, it would look similar to concrete (perhaps the recipe should include concrete). However, it would have to be different enough to be visible when built in a concreted area. The player would be able to walk on it, but not build other structures on top of it.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Truly underground belts and pipes

Post by steinio »

I guess that's the needed downside of them so you must plan ahead where you can come back to the surface.

Sounds like a Mod called Endless Underground Belt and Pipe.
The simplest would be to set the spacing to 999999 or something and make a new item which consists of u-belt-up, belt and u-belt down in one tile.

Don't know if this is possible without scripting involved.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Truly underground belts and pipes

Post by sporefreak »

I would suggest you look for Extended range on the factorio mod portal. I use that in my multiplayer world and it works wonders! It lets you craft longer underground belts, 10 underground belts = underground belt 5 times longer than vanilla. there is also one for 10 times longer which really is a huge area. But what you are asking i cant imagine happening without scripts like Steinio said. you could just make a belt made with unlimited range (Or dang near) but that could be abused

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”