About Terrain Generating

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
IamI
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

About Terrain Generating

Post by IamI »

As a player prefer building machines and factories, but not so interesting in battling with enemies,
Every time I start a game, I would try several times to get a island or peninsula, because water is in fact the most safe wall in the game now.
Like:
屏幕快照 2016-08-13 下午4.18.40.png
屏幕快照 2016-08-13 下午4.18.40.png (78.57 KiB) Viewed 816 times
or
屏幕快照 2016-08-13 下午4.21.56.png
屏幕快照 2016-08-13 下午4.21.56.png (63.67 KiB) Viewed 816 times
These maps are naturally generated, not being edited.
As 0.13 released, it's not as easy as past to cancel a enemy generating point (Green circles in the snapshots above), that make an island or peninsula map being more important for building players like me.
But in the same time, the terrain generating algorithm is changed. it seems that official doesn't want generating pure island map(That's reasonable), As a result, the possibility of generating peninsula also decreases. I am now tired of trying generating map again and again to wait for a fit.
Yes, I can open the peace mode. But it makes me uncomfortable that there is always enemies in neighbor.
Is there any mods can help? Or if I had to write it myself, any ideas?
P.S. I know the mod Watermaze, but map generated by water maze is too smooth, not natural, seems like the terrain is cut by a kitchen knife. Any better choices?

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”