[Request] Algae power

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Fortanono
Inserter
Inserter

[Request] Algae power

Post by Fortanono »

I posted this in suggestions yesterday, but here's the idea. I may learn Lua in the future, which would mean I can code this thing, but I have NO IDEA how to make Factorio-based textures, so I'd need help with that. Anyway, here goes:

Materials:
  • Algae: Collected by the Harvester and Photobioreactor. Turned into Biomass with the Fermenter.
  • Transparent Plastic: Smelt Plastic to get. Required for the Photobioreactor.
  • Biomass: Made in the Fermenter with Algae. Fuel source, also doubles as the only fuel for the Green Boiler. 2 Algae = 1 Biomass.
Machines:
  • Harvester: Burner and Electric variations. No idea for the recipe. Harvests Algae from infested water pools, slowly turning them into regular lakes.
  • Fermenter: Requires no power, but runs much faster with power. If needed, make two types. Turns 2 Algae into 1 Biomass.
  • Green Boiler: Consumes Biomass for Steam, produces no pollution.
  • Photobioreactor: Crafted with an Electric Harvester, a Solar Panel, 10 Algae and 20 Transparent Plastic. Slowly generates Algae from Water during daylight hours.
World Generation:
  • Infested Water: Found in small pools surrounded by an abnormally high concentration of trees. When pumped, it gives regular Water, but a Harvester can be used on it to get Algae.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Request] Algae power

Post by BlakeMW »

FYI Angel's Processing Mod has a chain for making algae, with pretty graphics.

Fortanono
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Request] Algae power

Post by Fortanono »

BlakeMW wrote:FYI Angel's Processing Mod has a chain for making algae, with pretty graphics.
I'm going to have to look into that. I'm pretty new to Factorio as it is.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”