Mod Idea - Bio-Domes

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Mod Idea - Bio-Domes

Post by TheSAguy »

Mod Idea – Bio Domes

I’d like to make the environment a little more meaningful (and fun).
This is what I was thinking. It will basically be a combination of Toxic Jungle, Snow Mod, Minable rocks and RSO

Have jungles to deserts.
Jungles (grass tile) will look like Toxic Jungle, full of trees.
Desert (dirt-dark) will have no trees.

Limit the spawn of resources:
Iron, only on grass-dry tiles
Copper only on grass-medium
Coal only on grass
Stone only on dirt
You get the idea. By adding more Bio's like the Snow mod, you can accommodate mods like Bob's that add a lot more resources.
Also, not sure if it's possible to maybe add a swamp, that you can't build on, maybe unless you use concrete.
Maybe say, Bog, you need stone flooring, Swamp you need concrete flooring in order to build on.

Possibly limit where biters can spawn, maybe split biters and spitters.

Rocks. Have them maybe only spawn on dark dirt, but have a lot and make them much harder to mine. So they will form mountains.

Thoughts?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mod Idea - Bio-Domes

Post by Arch666Angel »

It would be cool to have a game sided support/definition for biomes, which spawn as regions like RSO does it for resources so you have coherent spaces with the same look and feel (very much minecraft like). And then a definition for the biome where you can set which ground tiles, tree, dodads etc will spawn there.
Making other ground tiles is a pain in the moment because of the way they are generated and distributed over the map. The map will look more "patchy" with biomes, but who cares if you can have more different and interesting environments by that.

BlackKnight
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Mod Idea - Bio-Domes

Post by BlackKnight »

As I noticed there wasnt much support for this suggestion at least in terms of how many responses it received, I wanted to make sure I posted to put my support behind this as well. I'm really really hoping that some of it is planned, it sure would be wonderful to extend the impressiveness of the game on these levels! Any solution to make the game more realistic. eg. fake 3d terrain (like previously suggested C&C tiberium sun terrain)/more immersive terrain textures.. marshes/rockier terrain/rock outcroppings/rivers crisscrossing the landscape.. and unpassable areas other than lakes like other types of wetlands(bogs),mountainous areas.. The potential could expand the game amazingly. Even ambient audio depending which ecosystem you were walking through. Oh, and of course non aggressive wildlife scattered throughout!

Edit* REF viewtopic.php?f=80&t=12771

Well, here's to hoping. :) Thanks TheSAguy for posting your ideas!
And good ideas Arch666Angel, even a modular solution like that could still provide enough to make it feel a lot more immersive.. and of course be expended on by modding.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”