An overview for a second monitor

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
dunpealhunter
Inserter
Inserter

An overview for a second monitor

Post by dunpealhunter »

Wouldn't it be handy if for example all the relevant information from factorio regarding network logistics, production, electricity and research would be available on a second monitor? I have for example an android tablet on a stand next to my pc monitor, i would love to use that to get a quick overview of everything i might want to know about.

The idea of this comes from Elite Dangerous, where something similar already exist: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost1381339

How difficult would it be for someone who actually has some coding skills to redesign this application from Elite Dangerous and make it work for Factorio?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: An overview for a second monitor

Post by daniel34 »

Related: Dual screen support/use [Ideas and Suggestions]

Mods can't add this functionality as they are not able to open their own window, they are limited to Factorio's already existing window.

Although one could make a mod that regularly saves this information to a file (every 1 second for example) and then use an external tool to display that information on a second screen. But this would be a very hack-ish solution (and bad for the harddrive) and would need to be set up correctly every time you start Factorio.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Stainarr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Stainarr »

How about if the mod hosted a local webpage containing this information? Then you could show this info on any device on the same network. Maybe the current multiplayer functionallity already does something similar even?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Stainarr wrote:How about if the mod hosted a local webpage containing this information? Then you could show this info on any device on the same network. Maybe the current multiplayer functionallity already does something similar even?
Thanks for your idea.
Here is my suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=23962&p=150617#p150617

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”